Town hall of Ostuni
The building that dominates the piazza was originally an ancient Franciscan monastery built in 1304 in the Gothic style.
In later years the two wings of the cloister were redesigned to be part of the convent. In 1864 the façade was rebuilt in the Neo-Classic style and the monastery became the Palazzo Municipale, the Town Hall.
Between 1864 and 1867 the inside of the cloister was converted into a closed piazza with shops under the portals. In later years the cloister was restored and it is now a place for summer events.
Nearby to see